Develop an interactive and extensible computational analysis tools for single-cell data (measurements from hundreds of thousands of individual cells) and bulk data, using biological technologies such as mass cytometry, RNA-seq and imaging. Also will be responsible for development of tools for visualization, clustering, network learning, and other types of analysis of single-cell data from a variety of biological problems pertaining to cancer, immunology, developmental processes, stem cells, etc. This position will also require interfacing with collaborating biologists and providing software support and possibly co-authoring collaborative research papers that emerge from projects.
- Develops programs or systems of small to moderate size and complexity. Modifies existing systems at all levels of difficulty.
- Provides informational input into decisions concerning the development and delivery of applications, programs and systems. Defines and analyzes requirements to meet the expectations of stakeholders and intended end users needs, scheduled timeline, and budgetary targets.
- Analyzes, defines and designs new systems and applications. Writes code in support of business solutions.
- Responsible for the creation, definition, communication, and management of project plans which includes architectural design, technology selection and methodologies to apply.
- Troubleshoots problems and provide ongoing maintenance and support for applications and systems.
- Prepares documentation, user manuals and develops formal proposals for new systems and modifications to existing systems. Mentors technical staff and provide training for end users.
- Contributes in the development of policies or modifications to exiting policies.
- Applies and keeps current with existing and emerging technologies and methodologies. Provides ongoing input to the establishment of programming standards, procedures, and methodologies.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree. Three years of experience in analysis and programming of small to medium scale systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong programming skills in a high level language such as Java or Python.
- Familiarity with Matlab, R, or other mathematical/statistical software.
- Demonstrated experience with algorithm development.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Machine learning or big data experience is a plus.