Job Title – Postdoctoral Research Associate
Agency – Texas A&M Agrilife Research
Department – Biochemistry & Biophysics
Proposed Minimum Salary – Commensurate
Job Location – College Station, Texas
Required Education: – Ph.D. in Biology or closely related field.
Required Experience: – Some experience in molecular biology and biochemistry studies, Arabidopsis genetics
Preferred Experience: – Extensive training in RNA biology (small RNA-seq and RNA-seq); protein purification
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The candidate will work extensively on protein-RNA relationship and should have wet experience in preparation of all kinds of RNA-related libraries for Illumina-seq; and know how to conduct basic bioinformatic analysis of sequencing data.
- Good oral and written English.
- Knowledge of how to write manuscripts.
- Be willing to mentor new employees.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
30%: Preparation of RNA-seq and small-seq libraries.
20%: Generate transgenic plants.
20%: Biochemical assays.
10%: Read literature.
10%: Write manuscripts
3%: Other duties as required.