The Global Organisation for Bioinformatics Learning, Education & Training (GOBLET) and the Australian Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Society (ABACBS) are delivering a hands-on RNASeq-analysis course on November 10th, 2016 at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Brisbane, Australia.
GOBLET member Eija Korpelainen will deliver a 1-day hands-on RNA-Seq data analysis workshop that will introduce participants to RNA-seq data analysis methods, tools and file formats. It will cover the whole workflow from quality control and alignment to quantification and differential expression analysis.
Participants will learn how to:
- check the quality of reads with FastQC and PRINSEQ
- remove bad quality data with Trimmomatic
- align RNA-seq reads to the reference genome with TopHat2
- visualize aligned reads in genomic context using the Chipster genome browser
- perform alignment level quality control using RseQC and SAMtools
- quantify expression by counting reads per genes using HTSeq
- check the experiment level quality with PCA plots and heatmaps
- analyze differential expression with DESeq2 and edgeR
- take multiple factors (including batch effects) into account in differential expression analysis
Further information and registration details can be found at http://www.abacbs.org/abacbsgobletrnaseqcourse/.