Minnesota Supercomputing Institute – 04/02/19
The RNA-Seq analysis tutorials includes a lecture and a hands-on guided tutorial. The lecture materials cover the basics of differential expression analysis and touches on other RNA-seq topics such as transcriptome assembly.
- RNA-Seq vs Microarray technology
- Experimental Design
- Sequencing Technology
- Data Quality Assessments
- Mapping RNA-Seq data to a genome
- Differential Gene Expression Analysis
- Non-mammal specific RNA-Seq issues
- Transcriptome assembly and other uses of RNA-seq
The hands-on guided tutorials cover different gene expression analysis using either human or potato training data. Analysis is performed using the MSI Galaxy instance.